Constitution Amendment (No. 2) Act 2010
(2010 CHAPTER 2)
[9th November 2010]
An Act to amend the Constitution for the addition of three positions in the Society and stating the duties of the added positions.
Be it enacted by the Executive Committee, by and with the advice of the Former Executive Committee members, as follows:—
1. The operation of the Constitution (amended in 2010 CHAPTER 1) shall not be affected, except the amendments stated in this Act.
2. In part (a) of Article 4.2, after "1 Treasurer", insert "1 Human Resources Director".
3. In part (b) of Article 4.2, after "Produce and update financial reports.", substitute:
vi. The Human Resources Director shall:
- Be responsible for the materials and human resources allocation.
- Coordinate among departments.
- Act as a bridge of communication between executive committee members and subordinate committee members.
vii. The Network Service Director shall:
- Maintain the official website/server of the Society.
- Advise any technical and computer-related matters.
viii. The Department Directors shall:
- Be responsible for duties of their corresponding department.
- Chair and convene all sub-committee meetings.
- Notify all the Executive Committees on the progress of the department.
ix. Executive Committee members have the obligation keep the Society functional in pursuing the Society Objectives (Refer to Article 1.3).
4. Rename Article 4.5 (Patrons and Honorary Advisors) as Article 4.5 (Patrons, Honorary Auditors, Honorary Legal Advisors and Honorary Advisors).
5. In Article 4.5, substitute:
(a) Prominent persons in technology and science fields shall be invited to be Patrons and Honorary Advisors.
(b) Organizations that contribute to the Society may be invited to be Honorary Advisors.
(c) Certified Public Accountants, regardless of individuals or firms, shall be invited to be Honorary Auditors.
(d) Solicitors, regardless of individuals or firms, shall be invited to be Honorary Legal Advisors.
(e) Patrons, Honorary Auditors, Honorary Legal Advisors and Honorary Advisors have full speaking rights but have no voting rights during meetings.
(f) Honorary Advisors shall hold office for one Session.