Advancements in technology in recent years has created an IT-leading era. Students are no longer "book worms"; they can enrich their technological knowledge through many different ways and a wide range of channels. As a result, anybody - even your friend or classmate sitting beside you - can be an IT professional in the future! In view of discovering and exploring IT talents, as well as unleasing the potential in students, the Hong Kong Joint School Electronics and Computer Society, the largest IT-related joint school organisation in Hong Kong, is joining hands with the HK leading computer magazine publisher PC Weekly to hold the Outstanding IT Student Awards 2006.
- To discover and explore the IT-related talents and potential in students.
- To compliment students on their contributions and achievements in IT-related fields.
- To encourage students to pursue their future studies in IT industry.
- Applicants must fill in the application form which can be acquired below.
- Applicants are recommended to submit a recommendation letter written by the Principal.
- Applicants should hand in the copy of the last assessment report card. Those who have attended the HKCEE/HKALE should also hand in the copy of the certificate.
The above materials should be sent to the HKJSECS by one of the following methods:
- Mailing to "PO Box 73945, Kowloon Central Post Office, Hong Kong".
- E-mailing to .
- Faxing to 24079785 with cover page indicating the number of attached pages.
Deadline for application: 30th June 2006 (in accordance to the mail chop).
Applicants have to submit the application together with the following items:
- Self-introduction profile on his/her own achievements in IT and computer-related areas
- Supporting documents (achievements in IT-related competitions/contests)
- Letters of recommendation from teachers, principal or professional bodies in this field (optional)
- After the first round selection, applicants will be notifiied to have an interview with judges.
- Successful applicants will be notified individually.
- Prize winners must attend the prize presentation ceremony in the 18th Hong Kong Joint School Electronics and Computer Exhibition which will be held in late August.
Application Form [English version |
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Faculty of Engineering
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Elite Club
- The University of Hong Kong - Department of Computer Science
- The University of Hong Kong - Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology - Department of Computer Science
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Department of Computing
- Swindon Book Co. Limited
- Thiz Technology Group Limited
- The Hong Kong SAR Government - Education and Manpower Bureau
- The Hong Kong SAR Government - Intellectual Property Department